I have two cases of SWAG for this event. I have dozens of t-shirts and other really fun stuff. I also have some amazing prizes. However, I need you to do a few things to make the meeting fun for everyone.
- Register for the Windows Azure FREE 90-day Trial using this link - http://tinyurl.com/RockPaperAzure
- Install the Azure SDK - http://aka.ms/GetAzureSDK
- Bring your laptop to the meeting.
Build a bot to battle the competition in an online game of Rock, Paper, Scissors – with a few additional rules.
Never Played Rock, Paper, Scissors? Seriously? If so, read this Wikipediaarticle and return when you're done. We've just added a modern twist to this classic childhood game: instead of manually throwing rock, paper or scissors, you code a bot to do it on your behalf. Each bot plays all the other contest bots for prizes and bragging rights.
- Rock beats Scissors.
- Paper beats Rock.
- Scissors beats Paper.
Just to keep it interesting, we've added two more moves:
- Dynamite beats rock, paper, and scissors! But, you only get a few per round, so use them sparingly.
- Water balloon can beat dynamite, but it loses to everything else. You have unlimited water balloons.
HOW TO WIN
In each round, your bot will play every other registered bot. When playing another bot, you receive a point for winning a game (for example, if you throw paper, and your opponent throws rock, you win and receive a point). The first player to reach 1,000 points wins the match. If you tie a game, the points "push" forward until the next game in the match. For example, if you both throw rock 5 times, the next game would be worth 6 points. No more than 5,000 games are played in any given match; if 5,000 games have been played and neither player has reached 1,000 points, the winner is the player with the most points.